Scared of nausea and vomiting due to chemotherapy? You’re not alone.
If you’re undergoing chemotherapy or radiation therapy, there’s a strong possibility
that these therapies can make you feel very sick. That’s why GRANISOL® (granisetron HCl) Oral Solution was
created – to help control nausea and vomiting for 24-hours with one dose -- and
provide patients with more hope associated with these important therapies.
GRANISOL is easy.
GRANISOL provides 2mg of granisetron HCl in two teaspoonfuls. GRANISOL is the only
available FDA-approved oral solution containing granisetron.
GRANISOL is indicated for the prevention of:
- Nausea and vomiting associated with initial and repeat courses of emetogenic cancer
therapy, including high-dose cisplatin.
- Nausea and vomiting associated with radiation, including total body irradiation
and fractionated abdominal radiation.
Selected Safety Information:
- GRANISOL is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to the drug or any of its components.
- QT prolongation has been reported with granisetron. Therefore, GRANISOL Oral Solution should be used in caution with patients with pre-existing arrhythmias or cardiac conduction disorders, as this might lead to clinical consequences. Patients with cardiac disease, on cardio-toxic chemotherapy, with concomitant electrolyte abnormalities and/or on concomitant medications that prolong the QT interval are particularly at risk.
- Safety and effectiveness in pediatric patients have not been established.
- The most common side effects observed with administration of granisetron were headache, asthenia, constipation, diarrhea, dyspepsia, and abdominal pain.
Click here for full prescribing information.
For patients enrolled in Medicaid, please contact your state Medicaid program to
find out if GRANISOL is covered at the current time. Visit: http://www.cms.gov/MedicaidDrugRebateProgram/downloads/drugcon.pdf
Talk to your doctor about GRANISOL today.
GRANISOL is here to help patients with a brighter outlook on fighting cancer. Talk
to your oncologist about prescribing GRANISOL to help control nausea and vomiting
due to chemo- or radio-therapy.
The package insert requires Adobe®Reader® 9.X or higher. Download a free
version at: http://get.adobe.com/reader.